Train Train and More Training

Train Train and More Training

Thursday 9 June 2011

Has Anyone Seen My Wheels ?

Well it's T Minus 2 Days and counting and I don't feel in the least bit organised, so I am quickly updating my Blog before I shoot back home to finish my packing ready for tomorrow morning. The Scottish contingent of the Cisco Ride Across Britain Team will be joining their southern Collegues tomorrow morning as we get picked up bright and early in the Minibus from our Trilogy Office. Hopefully there will be some great nervous banter on the way up to pass the miles, it's a long way to JOG even from Glasgow, oops I nearly burst into song their :-)

I am hoping by the way when we get to John O'Groats that my bike doesn't quite look like my picture, missing wheels would not be a good start to the event, but it looks very shiny for once after I cleaned it,  how long that will stay that way no one knows, that will all depend on the weather forecast next week. Don't worry my wheels were found and reattached to the bike, so we are all good to go.

I thought at this point it might be useful to include 2 valuable links, the first is a long range weather forecast, but equally if not more importantlly is the Midge Forecast, these little blighters can make your life a misery if the weather is warm and wet !!, I have a feeling we could be meals on wheels for them next week, as he reaches out for his Avon Skin So Soft apparently a miracle cure to stop them biting as well as giving you a nice skin complexion.



Well I have just come of the Exec Sponsor Call for the Cisco Team doing the Ride Across Britain, it was very humbling to hear the amazing work GBParalympics do for our athletes, they are hoping to have 300 Athletes at the London 2012 Games, we were second in the Medal Table in Beijing in 2008, I just hope with all your support in terms of Sponsorship we can help these 300 Athletes in London 2012 achieve even greater things in their home games,  it means so much for these athletes to be able to take part in these games, so your amazing support is really appreciated.

There are a number of ways you can tune into this event next week, I have created a blog which I will be updating on a regular basis as energy allows, hopefully with pics and videos of us along the way, there is a Facebook Community Page you can 'Like',  a Twitter Hashtag and also a website mapmytracks you can view our progress via GPS. Hopefully you will take the time to check in on us.......






#ciscoriders, @richardatcisco




Thanks again to you all for your support and I will catch you all tomorrow as we head to JOG for the start of the 2011 RAB

Oh and I nearly forgot here's my link to the Just giving website please please keep donating if you can and thank you in advance if you do.




Richard

1 comment:

  1. Richard you forgot to mention my blog :) We're going to have to keep each other honest out there you know :) http://jamesrideacrossbritain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete