Train Train and More Training

Train Train and More Training

Monday 13 June 2011

Update after Day 3 -Ride Across Britain

Sorry I haven't had a chance to update my blog this week it's been a busy last 4 days, we got into John O'Groats in plenty of time, the weather was absoulutely glorious when we arrived never seen it so nice, the sea was flat calm and we were treated to a stunning sunset. It was all a bit of a mad rush to get ourselves organised for the next day, finally got my head down at 11 and was awake at 4, I don't actually think it gets dark up there for long this time of year.

Day 1 we probably went a bit mental and were in under 6 hours for 104 miles, loads of hills but the weather stayed really nice for us, Day 2 we started a bit slower, but we did do a few hill climbs early on and and easier run into the finish at Fort William in the shadow of Ben Nevis, for 99miles. Day 3 today was really tough it ended up as 122 miles through Glencoe down to Glasgow, long long day, many riders still out well after the 12 hour cut off. Legs are holding up, my left calf has a bit of a twinge, been to the physio so it feels a bit easier now, hope it doesn't get any worse. Easier day tomorro 103, on big hill to go up and down as we head down the A74 to Carlisle. That's all for now as I am tired and need my lovely sleeping bag in my tent, will update later and add some photo's and my Garmin links when I can find a PC with an SD slot.

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment