Train Train and More Training

Train Train and More Training

Monday 30 May 2011

30th May Monday Night Update

Well as thoughts turn to heading back to work tomorrow, I am satisfied I have done around 169 miles in the last 4 days, so I am feeling a bit more positive about taking on the Ride Across Britain. It's going to be tough, there is no doubt about it, there is going to be highs, there is going to be lows, but what ever happens it's going to be a great event to be part of, it's the biggest challenge I have ever taken on, so as I enter the unknown I just hope all my running and cycling training over the last few months will  carry me through. I hope I can take the time to record as much of the journey in Blogs, Tweets, FB posts, in photos and in this brave new world of video. A big thanks to James today was a really great day today as we rode over the hills from Peebles to Selkirk and back again, some amazing climbs, some fantastic descents reaching the heights of 40 mph at one point. Thanks also James for your encouraging words, as you said I looked strong today and I felt strong even at the end I knew I had plenty left in the can. I am nervously excited to be taking part in this years RAB and it will be great to share that experience with James and all the other Cisco cyclists along the way. Team Cisco's is going to be awesome and a sight to behold on the 9 stages as we ride across Britain. Here's the links to my Garmin downloads of the last couple of rides, shame it doesn't show wind speed as well, that sure made it interesting this weekend.

Peebles to Selkirk and Back 66 Miles by rmoir50 at Garmin Connect - Details
Saturday Morning 75K Training Run by rmoir50 at Garmin Connect - Details


Oh and some pics just for good measure :-)





1 comment: