Train Train and More Training

Train Train and More Training

Thursday 26 May 2011

Update 26th of May


A big big thank you again to everyone that has sponsored me so far for this mammoth undertaking,  having downloaded the route profile it’s starting to dawn on me how challenging this event really is going to be, never mind the 950 miles of cycling it’s starting to sink in that I also have to spend 10 days sleeping in a tent!!. Training continues to be going well and I am up now to £450 in Sponsorship which is superb and I am well on my way to achieving my target. I know you all probably get regular requests for sponsorship these days, but if  you can still spare a few pounds or pennies to support my challenge that would be very much appreciated, as they say every little helps, but unfortunately I can’t promise any club card points in return.

http://www.justgiving.com/richardrideacrossbritain

STOP PRESS NEWS

You will be able to track our progress on a daily basis during the event using mapmytracks.com or via a map-my-tracks iPhone app, our bikes are individually  being fitted with GPS transmitters so you can track our progress throughout the 9 days, If I have enough energy left I also hope to take loads of video’s, pictures and Blog/Tweet along the way so will let you know the details once I have got that all set up.
ParalympicsGB is responsible for ensuring Britain's top disabled athletes are best prepared to compete at the Paralympic Games. With London 2012 approaching they have one opportunity to inspire more people with a disability to get in to sport and change public perception of people with a disability.

Hopefully with your help and support you can give me a  very good reason to keep toughing it out all the way to the finish at Lands End .... Everything you donate will go to the charity, not to funding spare inner tubes or medical attention for myself.  Remember if you are a UK taxpayer Paralympics GB will also get 28% more if you tick that box - so please give what you can.  

Feel free to forward this on to anyone you think would be interested in supporting this great cause and thank you again for you support
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment