Train Train and More Training

Train Train and More Training

Thursday 26 May 2011

58k training run for the Ride Across Britain by rmoir50 at Garmin Connect - Details

58k training run for the Ride Across Britain by rmoir50 at Garmin Connect - Details

Was out for 2 hours tonight on my bike, wasn't the best weather wise, it hosed it down for most of the time so it was mind over matter to keep going.

My route tonight took me from Livingston out towards Woolfords near the Cobbinshaw Reservoir, very remote and exposed that way there has been a new Wind Farm constructed near Tarbrax, good place for it, it always seems to be blowing a gale out that way. Eventually picked up the A70 and then with a tail wind flew along the A70 to Ballerno, the usual road I take to head back to Livingston was closed so I had to head further along the A70 to Currie before heading back along the Long Dalmahoy Road to Kirknewton. Headed back along the A71 to Livingston just over 2 hours and 58K in distance which was not too bad. Took ages for me to warm up when I got back, my feet were like blocks of ice could hardly walk upstairs till they thawed out. Will be heading back out again tomorrow evening fingers Xed the weather is a bit better, not that we will have much choice on the Ride Across Britain. Just hope we don't have the repeat of the winds we had earlier this week, that would be tough to cycle in, if not a little bit dangerous with all the bits flying off trees and a night under canvas in those winds would have been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment